1. Who should I contact for information or where can I find the information?
Please look at the website for time, procedure and contact person’s name. Our website address is: http://schoolriverside.com.
2. Which classes do you give admission for?
Usually, Pre K (2-3 year olds), K1 (4 year olds) and in whichever grade there is a seat. Our aim is to limit the number of children in each class to 26.
3. Why do you restrict the number of children in each class?
To ensure each child gets the maximum possible attention. At Riverside, we practice 'Differentiated Instruction,' which means your child’s unique needs are taken care of in a way that suits him or her. One on One is possible only if the Teacher-Student ratio is optimum.
4. What is the Teacher-Student ratio currently?
For the current academic year (2012-13), Riverside has one teacher for every six children (a 1:6 ratio).
5. What curriculum does Riverside follow?
Riverside offers the IGCSE curriculum (International General Certificate of Secondary Education - conducted by Cambridge International Examinations) for Key Stage 3, which includes Grades 8-12.
For further details please refer to the CIE's official website.
For parents - http://www.cie.org.uk/profiles/parents
For the rest of the school, we use the Riverside Well-Being Curriculum developed in school. It is a world class, no compromise, primary and middle year’s program that ensures optimum well being of our children at all four levels: social, emotional, physical and cognitive.
Please refer to "Our Approach" on the home page for details.
6. Will my child get admission to premier Indian colleges after IGCSE?
Yes, IGCSE is like any other Indian Board. However, the Indian Boards aren’t always accepted abroad, while IGCSE is recognized internationally.
7. Before I decide to put my child in, do I get to see the space, the campus, speak to teachers?
Of course! However, since students conduct the campus tour, please contact one of the school adminsitrators, Parul Patel or Nilufer Siganporia to inform them of when you will be coming.
8. My child likes to play. What sports can my child expect at Riverside?
Since all children like to play, the space has been designed to provide ample opportunities for our children to rough it out and play.
For older classes, we offer football, table tennis, basketball, cricket, and volleyball for both boys and girls. The Riverside girl's football team plays state level soccer. There are professional coaches for all of these sports.
9. Do I have to drop my child to school everyday?
The entire Riverside staff and children share the same transport. Buses ply major drop off and pick up points, both within a couple of kilometers of your residence.
10. Where do I buy books, uniforms, etc.?
Everything from stationery to excursions are taken care of right here at school.
Meeting the Staff
11. How often can I see my child’s teacher?
Anytime. The more you take an active interest in school, the happier your child and we are! In fact, we expect you to volunteer to take classes, organize activities, trips, special sessions and collaborate with us in bringing up your child in the best possible way.